WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small text files, issued by a server and placed on your device (computer, tablet, mobile phone) when navigating on websites. We are using mostly cookies to facilitate your navigation, memorize your preferences or select the ad which will suit the most your needs.
Cookies behave as a hard disk for websites, allowing them to recognize your device when you come back on it.
We are also using these files to run statistics on the frequency of your visits and by which mean you have come to our site. We measure the number of pages viewed, the number of visits as well as the activity of visitors and their return frequency, thanks to Kompass internal solutions and of its partners.
Some pages of Kompass website require communicating individual identification information in order to order a product or a service and to register on Kompass. This is the reason why, the user is invited to fill in a form from the Kompass website, during the creation of his/her personal account and to return it to Kompass the website.
Kompass collects this individual identification information to run sales transactions.
THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES
Session and permanent cookies :
A session cookie only stays during the navigation session; it is deleted once the browser is closed. However, a permanent cookie is set up for a fixed time.
Third party cookies :
Cookies of third sites can be set up by services which appear on these third sites.
These cookies are not under the control of the visited site. For more information about the third party cookies, we invite you to go directly on these third-party websites.
WHAT KIND OF COOKIES ARE SET UP ON OUR WEBSITE?
You will find below the list of cookies used on this website :
Cookie type / Nature : Description :
– Performance, analyze and search (Navigation on Kompass) /Kompass : These are cookies set up by kompass.com on your device to meet navigation needs, for optimization and personalization of services from our site.
– Youtube / Third party : These are cookies set up by Youtube, allowing the visualization of their videos. We do not have control over the process operated by Youtube to collect information. We invite you to see directly their confidentiality policy.
– Google Analytics / Kompass : These are cookies set up by kompass.com allowing the analysis of the platform’s audience and of the marketing performance indicators. They are attributed to each visitor of a webpage. Thus a visitor will be given the same login at each visit and will be only counted once.
– Advertising targeting (Realmedia) / Third party : These are cookies set up by a partner, allowing to identify your interests while navigating and eventually to personalize the ad offer, which is addressed to you on your site and outside of it. They are particularly used to limit the number of time you see an ad and help to measure the efficiency of a web campaign.In the partnership frame, we make sure that our partners strictly respect the modified loi informatique et libertés du 6 janvier 1978 and commit to set up appropriate measures to secure and protect the confidentiality of data.
– Online payment / Third party :These are cookies set up by our payment partner, allowing online purchases.
– Kompass statistics / Kompass : These cookies allow us to know where our users come from.
– Get + / Kompass : These cookies are set by Kompass in order to show you the right information and personalize customer experience.
– Facebook / Third party : These are cookies set up by facebook. We do not have control over the process operated by the social media network Facebook to collect information. We invite you to see directly their confidentiality policy.
HOW TO DELETE COOKIES?
If you are against the use of these cookies, we ask you to deactivate them, in order to prevent their set up on your device: the way to proceed is described below, depending on your browser.
Internet Explorer 5 (Microsoft): Choose Tools < Internet options < safety < Customize the level, in the drop-down menu, go to Cookies < Authorize cookies on my device < Ask to be warned or Deactivate to refuse all cookies; our
Internet Explorer 6, 7 ou 8 (Microsoft): Choose Tools < Internet Options < Confidentiality then the level you wish to apply;
Firefox: Choose Tools < Options < Privacy setting et uncheck Allow cookies.
For any kind of information, please email@example.com